Saturday, October 6, 2012

Life has been so busy since we arrived in Texas. I thought that our life was busy in Calgary (and it was), but we have not stopped since we have arrived. It is different busy here. I thought that life would be simpler (and it is in many ways) and I would not be as busy with 3 kids in school full days.... but it isn't. Here in Katy PTA is HUGE!!!!!!! If you have a child in school, and you are not involved in PTA then.... well then, you suck as a parent (okay maybe a little harsh, but you get what I am saying).

So, somehow I got suckered in to becoming the chairperson for popcorn Fridays. What is popcorn Fridays you ask? It is just that, we pop popcorn for the kids at school every Friday (each grade gets a week out of the month). That doesn't seem like too much right? I didn't think so either, but apparently it involves more than I thought. It has been super fun and a good way to get into the school and get to know the staff and the kids teachers and some of their friends... but non the less, still busy.

I have been slowly trying to get all of the kiddos in for their yearly checkups here. Their stats are as such:

Bailee:   wt: 40% ht: 38%
Lincoln: wt: 50% ht: 50%
Harrison: wt 75% ht  97% (yes you read that right... we have a giant on our hands).
Jackson has not gone yet and little London is still riding her own little curve and doing so well.

Jacksons vision has gotten worse however and we now have to get new lenses for him. Both Jackson adn Lincoln have new cavities (I take the blame for that... I am the worst flosser ever.. I should probably be better at that).

Life as we know it is going good. We still are loving the weather, loving the people, loving our ward and really strating to feel like this is home. We really miss all of our friends and family in calgary but I am so thankful for modern technology and the ability that I have to text with Allaina while she is making dinner, or skype with my ex-neighbour, or to pick up the phone and call my mom. It makes the distance between Calgary and Houston seem just a little bit smaller.

2 comments:

  1. The PTA is huge here too. I've joined but I haven't taken on any big responsibilities besides helping in the girls' classrooms each week. Good for you though! It's good to be so involved in the school. I think if they see your face often enough then they watch out for your kids a little better too.
    Glad to hear all is going so well for you guys in Texas and that you're adjusting quickly. I hope all continues to go great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I wish I could spend more time tech chatting with ya! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete