Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ben's new job

So, I don't really know what Ben does for work (I am asked that  lot and really couldn't honestly tell them), I know that it has something to do with oil and gas and consultaning, but how they all go together, I don't really know. Ben's job with Worley Parsons is the reason that we have landed here in Texas. He was transfered here and placed in a global position. I think that his title is something like "Director over US and Global Operations"... so we knew that there would be travel involved. He is over all of the US, South America and Trinidad. RIght now he is in South Africa at a leadership meeting of some sort (for those of you who know Allan McDonald, he is there also). Apparently South Sfrica was the half way point for everyone attnding the seminars (it makes me wonder where everyone else is from). Anyways Ben has been tellign us how cool it is there and how beautiful it is. Here is an email that I recieved from him today... (He assures me that he really is there working  :)

Dear Mom and Kids,

Hope that you are all having a good day today. I really miss you so much. I thought I would tell you a little about my day. I got to go for a run tonight, it was amazing. I ran by giraffes that were eating the leaves in the trees. We then ran by a herd of gazelles and chased them for awhile. After that, we ran by the pond with the hippos in it, they yawned as we went by. As we were running by the hippos, a crocodile scooted off into the water, apparently we scared him when we were running by. It was awesome. Then at dinner tonight, the manager of the hotel told us to come with her and be very quiet. We tiptoed along and were really quiet, then right in front of us, not too far away, were the hippos again. They were out of the water. They get out of the water at night to eat the grass on the golf course. They were HUGE!! It was awesome. They manager warned us to be careful and not make any sudden movements, or the hippos might charge us, which would have been pretty scary. Then all of a sudden, the hippos took off running. We all began to back up slowly, as we didn't want to get run over by the hippos. They were actually chasing each other, and weren't running towards us. It was really cool.

For some reason, I cannot send you the pictures I took of a giraffe and the monkeys that were on the golf course today. I'm very sorry. I will make sure that I send lots of pictures tomorrow, as tomorrow, we are going to Kruger National Park. You should look this up on the internet to see where Daddy is going tomorrow. I will probably get to see Lions, Rhinos, Giraffes, Zebras, Water Buffaloes, Crocodiles, Hyenas, Leopards, and Elephants. I promise to send you these pictures tomorrow, if you are good for Mommy.

I love you all and miss you so much. Please be so good for your Mom, and I will also make sure I buy you guys smoething from Africa. If you're bad, Mom will tell me and then I can't get you anything. Remember This!!

Love You,

Ben

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome experience! I am so jealous of Ben right now! How often will he be traveling? How are you holding up April? Does 10 days feel as long as it sounds?!

    ReplyDelete